REQUIREMENTS AND SCHEDULES EXAMPLES
- You do not need to declare a major, just apply for the dual degree (which becomes your major by default)
- You must have a Math and Science GPA of 3.0 or above
- You must have completed between 45 and 60 credits - You CANNOT have taken any core courses at the Junior/Senior or graduate level, especially instrumental
- You will apply in your fourth semester after completing approximately 45 credits including BIO 102, CHE 201, PHY 203, and MAT 152
- Upon review you will immediately be notified about “conditional acceptance” and advised to enroll in a modified undergraduate course flow for the first semester of your junior year.
- Final admission decisions will be made after all fourth semester grades are recorded (approximately 60 credits including BIO 104, CHE 202, and PHY 204)
- Fully admitted students will keep the classes they were advised to take and start taking graduate classes with the incoming MS-FOS cohort in what would otherwise be their senior year.
- Conditionally admitted students, who were not confirmed will be redirected back to the forensic science major course flow starting with CHE 320 Instrumental Analysis in the fifth semester. A portion of enrollment slots for CHE320 will be blocked for students under review.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO FOR THE APPLICATION
• Completion of approximately 60 undergraduate credits with a minimum Math and Science GPA of 3.0 including completion of the courses listed below.
• Completion of an Accelerated Program application form, including complete college transcript.
• 500-1000 word personal statement of the candidate’s interest, qualifications and career goals, that supports the applicant’s request for admission to the program.
• Two letters of recommendation from academic advisors or instructors, with at least one being from a science instructor.
• Interviews with candidates, as needed
I AM A JUNIOR, CAN I APPLY?
Unfortunately, w3w. BUT we strongly encourage you to apply to the regular MSc as fees and some credits will be waived. .
DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE GRE?
IS FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE?
Financial aid is available while you do your BSc, but as you switch to the graduate school in year 4 (Fall), it will no longer be. You can apply to loans or scholarships at
CAN I GRADUATE IN 5 YEARS, REALLY?
Easy one: NO - you will automatically be accepted in the graduate school upon complete of your 62 credits BSc
It all depends on your thesis research, writing and defense. All coursework will be completed by Spring of Year 5. To complete the degree, however, you must complete your thesis
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
MORE INFO BEFORE YOU START YOUR APPLICATION
BS/MS ACCELERATED DEGREE IN FORENSIC SCIENCE
REQUIREMENTS QUESTIONS ABOUT ADMISSIONS IN GENERAL (INCLUDING INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS)
- Any general admission questions such as:
- Visa requirements
or email here:
Director of the Graduate Program in Forensic Science
Deputy Director of the BS/MS Accelerated Degree in Forensic Science
College assistant for the Masters Program in Forensic Science