Our lab is focused on the study of both macro and micro-processes, and our main projects are:
- The etiology, epigenetics and ecology of infectious and autoimmune diseases, using DNA and proteomics-based epidemiology
- Human and non-human evolutionary history (sensory system, co-evolution host/parasites, evolution of metabolism - with the Davalos lab at SBU Ecology and Evolution)
- Improving biological and data analyses protocols for specimen-based research, including artificial intelligence/machine learning solutions and rendering of both specimens and their larger context for application in both medicine and forensics.
- Improving molecular and histomorphological methods and protocols of forensic investigations of highly decomposed and skeletal material (with Dr. Nick Petraco and Dr. Peter Diaczuk, John Jay College of Criminal Justice)
- The investigation of new methods of point-of-care (PoC) diagnostic and vaccine delivery for use in resource limited countries (with Doctors without Borders)
@The City University of New York, John Jay College of Criminal Justice